Click above for larger!
Q&A: THIS or THAT
Here’s a quick little Q&A! Choose: “THIS or THAT?”
- Sketch/plan first or Go straight into it
- People or Landscapes
- Traditional Art or Digital Art
- Simple backgrounds or Detailed backgrounds
- Characters and letters or Still life
- Draw/work indoors or Draw/work outdoors
- Draw/work without music or Draw/work with music
- Colourful/bright palette or Pastel/muted palette
- Whatever comes into mind or Use some references
- Set up early or Set up on time
What word or phrase would you use to describe your creative style or approach?
Fun and playful
Past & Present - Cringe!
Remember what it was like when you started? What work have you done that makes you cringe now?
I used to do graphic design work in Photoshop instead of Illustrator at my first job as a designer in BT. This gave my colleagues a headache as the some of the ads turned out blurry XD.
Do you have any advice for freelancers or those starting out in your creative field?
The creative industry in Brunei is generally a passion over profit career so it may take some time before you reap the rewards of your hard work. In any case, just persevere and do what you love, love what you do.
Oh, time management and self-discipline are extremely essential too! Being self-employed means having to choose between a fun weekend outing with friends or finishing that damn last minute deadline.
Just Bruneians is partnering with Creative Economy Week in 2020 to bring you A Creative A Day, for 30 days!
Creative Economy Week or CEW is a week-long event and social enterprise focused on the development of the creative industries in Brunei.
In 2020, CEW is from 14th to 20th December 2020.
Liked this page? Show some love! Visit the creative’s profile or give this page a share 😉